Law Jobs in Canada for Foreigners
Legal Assistant/Law Clerk – Litigation
|Hiring Organization||Lerners LLP|
|Post Name||Legal Assistant/Law Clerk – Litigation|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Law|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 25 To CAD 28 Per Hour|
|Location||London, Ontario, Canada N6A 4G4|
With offices in London, Toronto, Strathroy, and Kitchener, Lerners provides a full range of legal services throughout Ontario. Learners maintains an attractive work environment with excellent support services and state-of-the-art technology.
Lerners’ employees enjoy a fast-paced work environment and a supportive, collegial culture. Our positions are best suited to individuals who take pride in their work and understand the importance of exceptional client service.
Lerners’ London office has an opportunity for a full-time Legal Assistant/Law Clerk to assist in a Litigation practice.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- General management of files from open to close, including intake, conflict checks, preparation of retainers and directions, and primary contact between team and client.
- Scheduling appointments, conference calls, discoveries, etc.
- Electronic file management (DMS and Primafact).
- Communicating with clients.
- Assisting with the preparation and electronic filing of various court materials (e.g. pleadings, trial records, motion materials, bookmarking in Kofax PDF).
- Assisting with the preparation and delivery/service of mediation memos, and motion records.
- Preparing and arranging documents for service.
- Maintaining a lawyer’s calendar and an effective BF System.
- Preparation of all accounts.
- Requesting cheques, paying invoices, limitation instructions.
- Drafting correspondence to clients and lawyers.
Knowledge of Primafact and Vaselines will be an asset in this role.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess 5+ years of demonstrated experience as a Legal Assistant/Law Clerk working in litigation, and must have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team with an emphasis on delivering excellent service to our clients. Applicants will have excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to multitask.
Training and Benefits
Our skilled Learning and Development team provides training and continued support to all firm members. Lerners is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package:
- Health, Extended Health, Dental, and Vision care.
- LTD insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Parking/Transit reimbursement.
- RRSP matching program.
- Paid Volunteer Time.
- Referral Bonus.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity.
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well.